This is a simple 10 minute social media engagement strategy, this is 10 minutes per account per channel.
Social media is a massive time vampire especially with engagement. Some channels are worse than others, TikTok, Instagram / Reels and YouTube for example. There are social media professionals that just want to run ads for your business this is revenue for their business and hopefully yours, and this can work but it’s a little like cold calling. You can use engagement only for your business this will also work for your business but this is time consuming and can be costly. The best approach is to have some engagement to warm up your audience and then use ads to promote your business.
We have a simple 10 minute a day process to build engagement on social media, during a recent campaign this created a 400% increase of visibility on one social media channel over a two week campaign.
- First you need to fill in your most wanted list these are the 10 businesses you would like to work with.
- Next Follow, like the businesses on the most wanted list (It could be the decision makers on Linkedin or company pages)
- Start a 10 minute countdown timer on you phone or if you have Alexa ask her to start a 10 minute countdown timer, other devices are available.
- Scroll through your home feed and like and / or comment on at least 5 peoples / businesses posts (include at least 1 of your most wanted list)
- Then post something on your profile (see post tip below)
- Then scroll through your home feed and like and / or comment on at least 5 peoples / businesses posts (include at least 1 of your most wanted list) these should be different posts to the first 5 like / comments
Imagine you have glass, every time you post about someone else you add a shot, every time you post about you you take a drink, your glass should always be more than half full.